2013 - GeoLibrary 2013 and From the Archives 365 Project

For the last few years, I've completed a 365 project. These have usually involved images with Flickr, Posterous and Blipfoto brought into action.

For 2013, I am going to try something a little more ambitious
I have two projects in mind...

I have a bulging box on my landing which is full of CDs and DVDs packed with resources. Some of them were not produced by me. There's a couple of folders at least full of gems produced by Val Vannet for example, and many other familiar names such as Tony Cassidy. I also have a range of materials shared on SLN Geography Forum weekends in times past.

This will involve Slideshare, Dropbox and Pinterest I think...
Each day in 2013 I shall try to post one resource or potential 'curriculum artefact' from these archives...
Some of them will be classics created by others and re-posted with permission...
Others will be created by me, and from an earlier time...
Some days the 'resource' may just be an image with some ideass for its use, at other times it will be a more fully formed teaching resource.

I may fall a few days behind when I go away on some of my planned trips, but willl catch up.

I'll use the hashtag #geoarch and then a number e.g. 1/365 on Twitter as I post each one...

The first resource is below.
It's an image of the Southern Alps in New Zealand, taken by my friend Simon Hathaway in 2006.

New Zealand is of course back on the Tolkien tourist trail with the release of the first film in the Hobbit trilogy (more on that in a future blog post...) and this area also has Milford Sound and the Franz Josef glacier...
Click to enlarge...

Comments