GA Conference Report 7 - GA Awards and Wine Reception

After the digitalearth meeting, it was back to my hotel to check in and change.
Had an interesting view of Piccadilly Station from my room, although I wasn't in it for very long.
Back over to the conference venue, and just missed the start of the public lecture and loitered by the door as the awards began.

Mission:Explore won a Silver Award from the Geographical Association.

Wonderful to be associated with this, along with The Workshop.

Also, the RGS-IBG  From the Field project won a Silver Award.
I wrote two of the units for this project (see earlier blog posts on From the Field - using the search)

Special congratulations to Duncan Hawley for his special GA award for his work this year, and also to Helen Martin for her work.
I was also very pleased that Richard Bustin won an award for his excellent ThirdSpace article which I have used on various occasions.

After the awards and photo-call it was over to the wine reception, where I had a good chat with many friends. Helen and I from the Geography Collective chatting to Val Vannet, SAGT President (who had given the fraternal greetings earlier) and John Vannet. I shall be doing a presentation on Digimap for Schools (of which more in a future post) at the SAGT Conference in October.


Image copyright: Bryan Ledgard / Geographical Association

From there it was through for pie and peas, then out for the GA Pub Walk.....
An entertaining evening ensued...

Comments