Hockney Landscapes

I am very much looking forward to this show, which is currently on at the Royal Academy and continues through until April. I have tickets for the show, which is selling out fast. Last time I remember this sort of advance booking was when we went to see the Terracotta warriors at the British Museum.

There are so many links that connect some of the projects that I have done over the years with this exhibition. I am married to an art teacher, so there's always been an element of crossover in my work.

I also like other artists who work in, and with, the landscape: Andy Goldsworthy, Hamish Fulton and Richard Long to name a few. I remember having a meeting at DEFRA a few years back, and there was a big Richard Long in the foyer, presumably belonging to the taxpayer, but not visible to most of them...

I remember when Hockney moved back to East Yorkshire, and started painting the trees at Warter. Now he is using the Brushes app on the iPad, which was one of the first I installed when I bought mine, though it's not been overly used since.The Guardian has a review type article, and there was a nice free supplement in the Times recently.

For those who want more on the link between landscape and art, it is perhas a good time to remind you about my KS3 Toolkit book: "Look at it this Way"...



Comments