Teacher Training - the next generation of geography teachers

Earlier today, I finalised a date in January to go and work with PGCE Geography colleagues at UEA.
I have been making an annual trip to the university for probably ten years now to work with the latest cohort of trainee teachers...
David Rogers has also kindly posted information about his session on Geographical Enquiry with the PGCE colleagues at Portsmouth University on his blog.

Earlier this week, this document was released from the Department for Education website.


There are several implications of the report, which include:
  • TeachFirst is being expanded. 
  • OFSTED is going to take a close(r) look at teacher training provision
If any colleagues involved in Initial Teacher Education want to get me involved in the training for your latest cohort, or a future cohort, you know where to find me.

ITE colleagues will be gathering in Swansea this year for the GTE Conference organised by Duncan Hawley. I've been to the last three of these events, and they're always excellent - a pity I won't be there but am keynoting an event in Leeds, of which more to come in January.


Comments