One chapter finishes, and a new one starts...

Today was my final day as a full-time employee of the Geographical Association. Tomorrow I move into the 3rd phase of my working life...

I will be moving on to new geography-related projects, and am grateful to those who have already offered me some work. Particular thanks to Steve Brace and Eleanor Coulber at the RGS-IBG, Jamie Buchanan-Dunlop and the Catlin Arctic Survey, Andrew Campbell and the team at Harper Collins, the SSAT Humanities team, Karl Donert, the Field Studies Council, Richard Allaway, Ruth Totterdell at the GA and Bob Lang & Paul Cornish, Dave Holmes and Philip Allan, Paul Baker, Katie and the TeachIt team, Jobina at TwigIt and a host of others, who have offered me work of some kind. Apologies if I have missed anyone out - don't worry you'll feature in future blog posts...

There's also a few other exciting things which are in the pipeline and will be announced later in the year...

I shall also still be 'affiliated to the GA':  leading CPD courses for the GA, notably the ESRI / GA GIS courses for beginners and advanced, and the NQT Conferences in November
Keep an eye out for some new GA publications in 2012.

I will also be spending more time on projects for the Geography Collective too: we have the re-launch of MISSION EXPLORE and the launch of DISCOVER:EXPLORE coming up as well as a host of other exciting things.

I shall also be completing some work in Poland, Austria, Scotland and various other locations, and I'm still keeping my eye out for a suitable teaching job in my home area.

Many thanks to all my GA colleagues for their tremendous support over the last three years. Don't forget to JOIN THE GA.


Also, please have your say in our KS3 consultation if you haven't already ! The results of this will matter !

I shall still be blogging here on Living Geography, so keep reading to find out what I get up to and elsewhere and tweeting on @GeoBlogs
Thanks for reading, and best wishes to everyone for the new academic year. It's going to be interesting !

Comments

OllieBray said…
Best of luck with the next part of your adventure Alan - looking forward to reading all about it! Best wishes. OB
OllieBray said…
Best of luck with the next part of your adventure Alan - looking forward to reading all about it! Best wishes. OB
Alan Parkinson said…
Thanks Ollie - appreciated...