A great adventure about to start

...and you can sign up to follow it from the start on Twitter...

Last year, I followed people who were cycling through the North and South Americas, and walking around the coast of the UK, along with various other adventurers enjoying their time in Iceland, USA, South America and other parts of the globe.
Vicarious pleasure...

The next great adventure will be Sarah Outen's London2London: via the World

This will take Sarah from London to London. As Sarah says on her website:


Leaving from Tower Bridge, London in my kayak on April 1st 2011, I shall set out to row, cycle and kayak right around the world, finding stories as I go. Although I shall be travelling solo again, this is to be a shared adventure – bringing the expedition to classrooms, offices and homes right around the world.
I have a great team working with me to  plan routes and logistics, and to help me train for the different phases of this 2.5 year project which will  include cycling across Europe, Asia, America and Canada and rowing the North Pacific and North Atlantic Oceans. It promises to be epic and exciting.

Follow Sarah on Twitter @SarahOuten

Just imagine - if you start following Sarah with your Year 7 geographers when she leaves on the 1st of April, you can bring her home as they start their Year 10 courses... and see a lot of the world in between...
Best wishes to Sarah. I'll try and highlight some of the geographical aspects of the journey, as I did with Mark Beaumont's round the world cycle adventure...

Comments