BETT 2011 2: The Ordnance Survey

The wallpaper on my iPhone is over a year old. I've kept it that long because I really like the image.
It's an image of me walking over the Lake District map that was the flooring of the OS stand at last year's BETT show.

I went down to the Ordnance Survey stand this year to pick up some leaflets and other materials for the GA stand (see the first BETT post for the reason why) and have a chat with the very obliging and friendly folks from the OS Education team.

Also had a go on the OS Open Space API mapping tool.
This is a nice tool for making use of the OS data to create a customised map for a location, so I made one based on the village where I live.

Finally, we discussed the launch of DIGIMAP, of which more later...

And then I took some photos of this year's wonderful Jurassic Coast flooring...

Comments