BETT 2011 1: The Geographical Association

Spent Friday of the week before last (apologies for the backblog of posts...) at the annual BETT show, which I worked out is the 8th year I've been.
I've usually been there working for someone: for 2 years it was The Guardian, one year was with the DfE for the National Strategies launch, one year was research-led for the original 'GeoBlogs' project which gave me my online identity...
For the last three years, I've been on the Geographical Association stand, which has moved around over the years, but usually been somewhere on the balcony off the main hall.
This year, we had a bit of a problem because the courier managed to lose ALL of our materials for the stand. We sent some replacements and they lost those as well !
So we basically had very little to show people, and filled the table with leaflets for our strategic partner: ESRI UK, our friends at the Ordnance Survey, and the nice people from the Advisory Unit and Wild Knowledge.
This meant a slightly unsatisfactory show experience for us. I enjoyed spending the day with Kate Russell.

This is the first of 8 posts on BETT which I shall post over the next week as time permits...

Comments